Subject: [PATCH 00/19] ARM: SAMSUNG: S5PV210 platform clean-up

From: [email-masked] (Kukjin Kim)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 07:57:21 +0900

On 07/05/14 05:15, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Friday 04 July 2014 19:48:00 Tomasz Figa wrote:
>> This huge series is a (hopefully final) attempt to convert Samsung S5PV210
>> into a DT-only and multiplatform-aware platform. It consists of several
>> steps to gradually replace legacy code with one meeting current standards
>> and then finally remove unused remnants.
>>
>> Patches 1-6 migrate the platform to fully use the Common Clock Framework
>> and get rid of legacy private clock code, of which s5pv210 was the last
>> user. Then patch 7 adds generic PHY driver for USB PHY on S5PV210 to allow
>> USB to be supported when using DT. Further three patches (8-10) add DT
>> support for mach-s5pv210 and necessary DT sources for currently supported
>> boards. Patch 11 removes board files and code directly related to them,
>> effectively making s5pv210 a DT-only platform. In next step, patches 12-15
>> prepare remaining code for multiplatform enablement, which is finally done
>> in patch 16. Patches 17-19 are a final clean-up, which remove a lot of
>> unused code left after making the last S5P platform DT-only.
>>
>> Build tested patch by patch on following configs:
>>   - s3c2410_defconfig (with DT support enabled),
>>   - s3c6400_defconfig (with DT support enabled),
>>   - s5pv210_defconfig (with DT support enabled after patches adding it),
>>   - exynos_defconfig,
>>   - exynos_defconfig with S5PV210 enabled in multiplatform configuration.
>>
>> Boot tested on s5pv210-goni board.
>>
>> Note that support for smdkc110, smdkv210 and torbreck boards is provided
>> by moving data from existing board files to new device tree sources. No
>> testing was performed due to mentioned board not being available anymore.
>> However I believe we agreed on this approach, because apparently there
>> are no active users of them. See the RFC from August 2013 asking for
>> removal of the whole platform [1].
>>
>> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-samsung-soc%40vger.kernel.org/msg21882.html
>>
>>
> Great work, everything
>
> Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann<[email-masked]>
>
> I hope we can get this into linux-next soon so we can do some more
> cleanups on top.

Sorry for a little bit late applying, I just wanted to get ack from 
driver maintainers but... anyway I'll apply this series so you may see 
this on Monday in -next :)

Tomasz, many thanks for your effort and time.

- Kukjin