Subject: [PATCH 0/4 V3] irqchip: gic: Introduce ARM GICv2m MSI(-X) support

From: [email-masked] (Suravee Suthikulanit)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:59:57 -0500

On 7/13/2014 6:14 PM, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Suravee,
>
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 06:05:00PM -0500, suravee.suthikulpanit at amd.com wrote:
>> From: Suravee Suthikulpanit <[email-masked]>
>>
>> This patch set introduces support for MSI(-X) in GICv2m specification,
>> which is implemented in some variation of GIC400.
>>
>> This depends on and has been tested with the V7 of"Add support for PCI in AArch64"
>> (https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/3/14/320).
>
> Grrr.  I mis-spoke against your v1 of this series.  There are more
> changes to irq-gic.c than I originally thought in this series.

I am not quite sure what your are referring to.

> Additionally, we have a lot of other significant changes to that driver
> as well this cycle.  It would be really helpful if I could take patches
> 1-3 through irqchip/gic.  I can Ack #4 with the Subject change, and the
> branch it lands in can depend on irqchip/gic, no problem there.

Patch 1-3 should be able to go through the irqchip/gic along with the 
gicv3 from Marc, which I have rebased this patch against.

Patch 4 is arch64 architectural changes.  Therefore, it might need to be 
going through a different branch. Marc/Mark/Will/Catalin, do you have 
any suggestions on which branch this should go to?

> My main concern is your statement above and your answer to my inquiry
> against v1.
>
> Right now, I'm only concerned about breaking the build.  Can I take 1-3?
> Or, do we need to wait until aarch64 PCI lands in mainline?

1 and 2 should be trivial since there is no change functionally.

3 mostly adding new files which should not get built if ARCH64 PCI is 
not supported based on the arch/arm64/Kconfig below.

+++ b/arch/arm64/Kconfig
@@ -9,6 +9,7 @@ config ARM64
  	select ARM_AMBA
  	select ARM_ARCH_TIMER
  	select ARM_GIC
+	select ARM_GIC_V2M if (PCI && PCI_MSI)
  	select ARM_GIC_V3
  	select BUILDTIME_EXTABLE_SORT
  	select CLONE_BACKWARDS

The only thing is the change related to MSI in the irq-gic.c which 
should not affect with the non-PCI system.

Thanks,

Suravee