Subject: [PATCH v7 0/6] cpufreq: use generic cpufreq drivers for exynos platforms

From: [email-masked] (Tobias Jakobi)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 21:20:27 +0200

Hello,

I have a question concerning an older version of this patchset, the one
which still included exynos4x12 support and where the clocking data was
provided through DT.

I tried to get this working for my ODROID-X2, which does work well,
including the usage of the boost frequences. Since the X2 has an
Exynos4412 Prime I added additional clocking data and operating points.

clocking data (comes from the vendor kernel):
<1704000 3 7 0 6 1 2 7 0 7>
<1600000 3 7 0 6 1 2 6 0 7>

operating points (again from vendor kernel):
1704000 1375000
1600000 1350000

Doing this I get correct output from scaling_available_frequencies and
scaling_boost_frequencies and the driver seems to select these
frequences. However when reading from cpufreq_cur_freq, which I think
returns the frequency of the armclk, the maximum freq never exceeds
1.5GHz. So effectively the additional clocking data and opps are not used.

I wonder this happens? Is there some kind of limit enforced?

With best wishes,
Tobias Jakobi