Subject: [PATCH v2 RESEND 2/4] drivers: of: initialize and assign reserved memory to newly created devices

From: [email-masked] (Marek Szyprowski)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:47:04 +0200

Hello,

On 2014-07-28 16:17, Grant Likely wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:28:05 +0200, Marek Szyprowski <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Use recently introduced of_reserved_mem_device_init() function to
>> automatically assign respective reserved memory region to the newly created
>> platform and amba device.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Marek Szyprowski <[email-masked]>
> I'm still not okay with this patch. I don't think it is appropriate to
> add the hook into the generic path that gets used for every platform
> device. The devices that need reserved memory should explicitly request
> it, and any setup be done at that time.

Okay... I thought that it will be easier to have it done in generic 
code, if You don't
think so, then I give up and we will add it in all drivers requiring 
such memory regions.

What about patch 3/4 and 4/4? Would it be possible to have your ack to 
get them merged?
Right now patch 4/4 depends on changes from akpm tree, so it will be 
best to merge them
to akpm tree.

Best regards
-- 
Marek Szyprowski, PhD
Samsung R&D Institute Poland