Subject: [PATCH v4 3/5] cpufreq: Don't destroy/realloc policy/sysfs on hotplug/suspend

From: [email-masked] (Saravana Kannan)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:15:47 -0700

On 07/31/2014 02:56 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Thursday, July 24, 2014 06:07:26 PM Saravana Kannan wrote:
>> This patch simplifies a lot of the hotplug/suspend code by not
>> adding/removing/moving the policy/sysfs/kobj during hotplug and just leaves
>> the cpufreq directory and policy in place irrespective of whether the CPUs
>> are ONLINE/OFFLINE.
>
> I'm still quite unsure how this is going to work with the real CPU hot-remove
> that makes the entire sysfs cpu directories go away.  Can you please explain
> that?

With this patch it won't work correctly. 4/5 fixes it to work correctly. 
Just keeping them separate to make it easy to review.

We can squash 3/5 and 4/5 later if people prefer it that way.

-Saravana

-- 
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation