Subject: [PATCH 0/1] ARM: OMAP: add external clock provider support

From: [email-masked] (Peter Ujfalusi)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 14:37:56 +0300

On 08/01/2014 04:15 PM, Tero Kristo wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> This patch adds possibility to register external clocks (outside the main
> SoC) on TI boards through device tree. Clock sources as such include for
> example twl-6030 / twl-6040 chips and variants which can be used to clock
> for example audio / WLAN chips.

Just one question to Mike and Tero:
would it be possible to have generic binding for such an external clocks?
We have the palmas clock driver already upstream which handles the 32K clocks
from the PMIC. Palmas class of PMICs can be used with TI/nVidia(/Intel?)
platforms. We use Palmas on omap5-uevm, DRA7-EVM also uses Palmas compatible
PMIC and some nVidia platform also uses this class of devices (and they all
need to have control over the 32K clock(s)).

> This patch can be queued once someone has a use-case + patches that requires
> usage of such clocks.
> 
> -Tero
> 

-- 
P?ter