Subject: [PATCH V2 4/4] ARM: dts: i.MX53: Add PMU DT entry

From: [email-masked] (Martin Fuzzey)
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 10:00:08 +0200

On 07/08/14 07:53, Shawn Guo wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 03:35:49PM +0200, Martin Fuzzey wrote:
>> On 06/08/14 12:50, Will Deacon wrote:
>>>
>>> You're missing the new property.
>> Actually this was deliberate.
>>
>> Since the property should only be used if booting in secure mode
>> this generic dtsi file can't know if it is ok or not.
> As far as I know, most of the i.MX53 systems boot Linux kernel in secure
> mode.  In that case, we should probably have the new property by
> default?

Is it possible to override a boolean property to remove it (set to 
false) in a board specific dts?

If it can be done then yes I agree it should be the default.

However seeing as the dts syntax doesn't give a value for boolean 
properties I don't see how.

But I don't think people booting non secure should have to modify imx53.dtsi

Martin