Subject: [PATCH 5/5] tty: serial: Add 8250-core based omap driver

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Andrzej Siewior)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:20:54 +0200

On 07/21/2014 11:35 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> Looks like the following is needed to avoid the error, no idea why..
> But this is what we also do in omap-serial.c. It may be needed in
> other places too?

Yes, there was a third one on shutdown.

> Also, no luck yet on runtime PM. If the console is enabled omap won't
> idle, and if no serial console is enabled, it just hangs. Will try
> to debug this part further, it may be also related to the above.

My beaglebone xm won't do idle:

| omap3_pm_off_mode_enable: Core OFF disabled due to errata i583

but it would if it could, right? That means that I can't test the wake
via UART on this one?

So I will try to fix the tx-pm, fold patches and then prepare another
batch.
And I could verify that DMA works on that omap3 :)

> Regards,
> Tony

Sebastian