Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/11] ARM: dts: qcom: msm8974: add support for external display

From: Andrzej Hajda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 14:02:04 +0200

On 16.09.2019 11:01, Brian Masney wrote:
> Hi Andrzej,
>
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 10:13:58AM +0200, Andrzej Hajda wrote:
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> On 15.08.2019 02:48, Brian Masney wrote:
>>> This patch series begins to add support for the external display over
>>> HDMI that is supported on msm8974 SoCs. I'm testing this series on the
>>> Nexus 5, and I'm able to communicate with the HDMI bridge via the
>>> analogix-anx78xx driver, however the external display is not working
>>> yet.
>>>
>>> When I plug in the HDMI cable, the monitor detects that a device is
>>> hooked up, but nothing is shown on the external monitor. The hot plug
>>> detect GPIO (hpd-gpios) on the analogix-anx78xx bridge and MSM HDMI
>>> drivers do not change state when the slimport adapter or HDMI cable is
>>> plugged in or removed. I wonder if a regulator is not enabled somewhere?
>>> I have a comment in patch 10 regarding 'hpd-gdsc-supply' that may
>>> potentially be an issue.
>>>
>>> I'm still digging in on this, however I'd appreciate any feedback if
>>> anyone has time. Most of these patches are ready now, so I marked the
>>> ones that aren't ready with 'PATCH RFC'.
>>>
>>> I'm using an Analogix Semiconductor SP6001 SlimPort Micro-USB to 4K HDMI
>>> Adapter to connect my phone to an external display via a standard HDMI
>>> cable. This works just fine with the downstream MSM kernel using
>>> Android.
>>
>> This patchset risks to be forgotten. To avoid it, at least partially, I
>> can merge patches 1-5, is it OK for you?
> That would be great if you could do that.

I have queued 1-4 to drm-misc-next. 5th patch requires some discussion.

Regards

Andrzej

> Thanks,
> Brian

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel