Subject: [PATCH v2 1/3] ARM: dts: Add Peach Pit dts entry for Atmel touchpad

From: [email-masked] (Nick Dyer)
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:46:55 +0100

On 27/08/14 15:22, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
>>> If there was a BTN_NONE or KEY_UNUSED it would had been better but I think
>>> that making a distinction between these two cases (reserved pin vs GPIO
>>> available but not used) is useful.
>>
>> Maybe Nick can comment here.

Yes, this is probably useful to document. However, I fear that it's not
going to be obvious what the distinction is to someone who doesn't have the
Atmel docs. Perhaps it would be clearer to just do something like:

		linux,gpio-keymap = <KEY_RESERVED
		                     KEY_RESERVED
		                     KEY_RESERVED /* GPIO0 */
	        	             KEY_RESERVED /* GPIO1 */
		                     KEY_RESERVED /* GPIO2 */
		                     BTN_LEFT>;   /* GPIO3 */

If you omit any trailing KEY_RESERVED values it doesn't affect anything.

I was also going to suggest that you put something like "/* Atmel mXT224SL
*/" in your .dts file so it's clear what version of the maXTouch device you
are configuring.