Subject: [PATCH] rtc: pcf8563: fix uninitialized use warning

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 19:40:33 +0400

On 9/8/2014 7:22 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

>>> diff --git a/drivers/rtc/rtc-pcf8563.c b/drivers/rtc/rtc-pcf8563.c
>>> index 5a197d9dc7e7..3a6f994c4da8 100644
>>> --- a/drivers/rtc/rtc-pcf8563.c
>>> +++ b/drivers/rtc/rtc-pcf8563.c
>>> @@ -167,7 +167,7 @@ static irqreturn_t pcf8563_irq(int irq, void *dev_id)
>>>        char pending;
>>>
>>>        err = pcf8563_get_alarm_mode(pcf8563->client, NULL, &pending);
>>> -     if (err < 0)
>>> +     if (err)
>>>                return err;

>>      Returning negative values from the IRQ handler doesn't seem valid.
>> Arbitrary positive value aren't good either. Perhaps should return IRQ_NONE
>> instead?

> Good point. This is unrelated to the problem I was trying to fix, but it
> seems like a good idea to fix both.

    Then it would be good if you fix this issue with a separate patch.

> 	Arnd

WBR, Sergei