Subject: [PATCH v8 6/8] drivers: cpuidle: CPU idle ARM64 driver

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Lezcano)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:28:06 +0200

On 09/05/2014 05:34 PM, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 10:21:20AM +0100, Will Deacon wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 06:29:10PM +0100, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
>>> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 05:03:20PM +0100, Catalin Marinas wrote:
>>>> On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 06:37:40PM +0100, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
>>>>> This patch should be ready to go too, is it ok if I split the series
>>>>> in arm64 arch specific patches (will ask Catalin to pull) and CPUidle ones
>>>>> (inclusive of DT bindings and !!this patch!!) and send two separate pull
>>>>> requests ?
>>>>
>>>> If Daniel/Rafael don't have any objection, I can take the whole series
>>>> through the arm64 tree (it seems that patches have been already acked by
>>>> Daniel).
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot Catalin. Since this one is a brand new CPUidle driver and it
>>> follows a different pattern from arm legacy drivers I would like to get
>>> Daniel's ack on this patch too before pushing it. For the records I have
>>> just added two pr_err to signal driver probing error, ultraminor changes
>>> that do not justify a repost.
>>>
>>> If Samsung guys do not manifest themselves I would drop patch 8 from
>>> the series till it gets tested and its patch dependency queued too.
>>
>> The last patch also has a dependency, as you mentioned to Daniel. I think
>> we can certainly merge the arm64 parts, and if Daniel doesn't object, then
>> we can take the driver stuff too but leaving the exynos bits out (i.e. drop
>> the last patch).
>>
>> Anyway, if you could repost with the acks you've collected and rearrange it
>> so the arm64 patches are first in the series, that would be great.
>
> I can repost it with the acks and rearrange the patches, but for the
> pull request I have to know what code can be merged, since there are
> some arm64 patches (PSCI and CPUidle arm64 back-end) that are strictly
> tied to the arm64 CPUidle driver, so I *have* to know if the arm64
> CPUidle driver (this patch) can get merged and that requires an ack.
>
> If I do not hear from Samsung guys I will drop patch 8.

Well I would prefer to have this patch merged (Cc'ing Tomasz).

> I will wait till Monday (ie -rc4) and repost, I hope that's acceptable.

There is a procedure to solve this branch dependency.

1. Create a patchset with only the changes in drivers/cpuidle (+ misc dt 
stuff)

2. Send the patchset to me.

3. I create a branch with these patches (which will be merged in my 
cpuidle next branch)

4. Merge this branch to a new branch (based on 3.17-rcX) and put on top 
of that your changes for ARM[64]

5. Send the PR to Catalin and Arnd (one for each branch or one for both 
arch)

I will ensure the base branch is not removed until the next merge window.

Does it sound good ?

   -- Daniel

-- 
  <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog