Subject: [PATCH v3 00/17] Introduce ACPI for ARM64 based on ACPI 5.1

From: [email-masked] (Sudeep Holla)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:14:05 +0100

On 11/09/14 17:06, Graeme Gregory wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 04:57:24PM +0100, Sudeep Holla wrote:
>>
>>

[...]
>> This what we have suggested in past especially for this S-state support.
>> Currently the core acpi code compiles in sleep support unconditionally.
>> That doesn't mean we need to do the same on ARM64, we can easily make
>> sure that's not enabled for ARM64 until we have clarification on how to
>> support them on ARM in ACPI specification.
>>
>> I just pointed out at one "out of spec" workaround done for x86
>> "unconditionally" in the code just to tell that it won't work on ARM.
>> That shouldn't be misunderstood as demand for refactoring as we have no
>> clue how S-state would look on ARM to take up any such task.
>>
> For the sleep.c case I worked on this and sent some updates to Hanjun so
> it should be compiled out in the next version of the patches.
>

Thanks Graeme, that's much better than any hooks/stubs which might fail
depending on ACPI table contents.

Regards,
Sudeep