Subject: [PATCH 1/5] ARM: dts: pbab01: move i2c pins and frequency configuration into pfla02

From: [email-masked] (Dmitry Lavnikevich)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 18:55:46 +0300

On 11/09/14 11:47, Philipp Zabel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 10.09.2014, 16:46 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Lavnikevich:
>> Since pins and frequency are specific to module (pfla02), not base board
>> (pbab02), it is better to be initialized in corresponding dts file.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Dmitry Lavnikevich <[email-masked]>
> I have seen boards use the GPIO_3/6 pads instead of EIM_D17/D18 for
> I2C3, but the EIM_D17/D18 are indeed documented as "I2C1" pins at the
> pfla02 connector level.
>
> regards
> Philipp
>
Yes, that is why I thought about moving it into pfla02. But apart from
it, i2c2grp i2c3grp nodes was wrongly placed under iomuxc node while
it should be grouped inside of it, like in imx6q-phytec-pfla02 to
which it was moved with this patch.
Because of this specified i2c wasn't working correctly and caused
messages:

imx6q-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: no groups defined in 
/soc/aips-bus at 02000000/iomuxc at 020e0000/i2c2grp
imx6q-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: no groups defined in 
/soc/aips-bus at 02000000/iomuxc at 020e0000/i2c3grp
imx6q-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: unable to find group for node i2c2grp
imx6q-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: unable to find group for node i2c3grp

Added this into commit message with new patchset.

Best regards,
Lavnikevich Dmitry