Subject: [PATCH v3 0/9] Tegra xHCI support

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:26:16 -0600

On 09/15/2014 01:30 PM, Andrew Bresticker wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Stephen Warren <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 09/15/2014 11:06 AM, Andrew Bresticker wrote:
>>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:00 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> On 12 September 2014 18:37, Andrew Bresticker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>>> On 8 September 2014 18:22, Andrew Bresticker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>>>> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>>>>> On 2 September 2014 23:34, Andrew Bresticker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Tested on Venice2, Jetson TK1, and Big with a variety of USB2.0 and
>>>>>>>>> USB3.0 memory sticks and ethernet dongles using controller firmware
>>>>>>>>> recently posted by Andrew Chew [2].
...
>>> Stephen, Thierry, have either of you had a chance to test this series?
>>
>> I haven't had a chance to yet. I just went to try it out, and found that it
>> depends on a whole slew of other patches that I don't have. Is there a git
>> branch somewhere to save me having to track down all the dependencies?
>
> Yes, Tomeu has the branch he used for testing here:
> http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/tomeu/linux.git/log/?h=3.17rc4-xhci

Hmm. That git server was quite reluctant to cough up its bits, but it 
did eventually.

> You'll also need the firmware Andrew Chew posted:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/384013/

The XHCI driver can't load its firmware unless it's a module; if I make 
it built-in, it fails immediately with error -2 during "Direct firmware 
loading". The driver needs to work with either immediate or deferred 
firmware loading.

I tried three USB3 mass storage devices, and they all appeared to work 
without issue.

0781:5581 SanDisk Corp.
154b:fa0a PNY
0781:5580 SanDisk Corp.

I tried the following USB2 devices without issue:

0781:5575 SanDisk Corp.
0b95:7720 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88772
045e:0095 Microsoft Corp. IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 (IntelliPoint)
046d:c313 Logitech, Inc. Internet 350 Keyboard

The following USB2 devices had problems:

0b95:7720 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88772

> [  489.140536] usb 1-3: new high-speed USB device number 81 using xhci-tegra
> [  489.260860] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
> [  489.370804] xhci-tegra 70090000.usb: Setup ERROR: setup context command for slot 1.
> [  489.378463] usb 1-3: hub failed to enable device, error -22
> [  489.500531] usb 1-3: new high-speed USB device number 82 using xhci-tegra
> [  489.655708] usb 1-3: can't set config #1, error -71
> [  489.661231] usb 1-3: USB disconnect, device number 82
> [  489.940531] usb 1-3: new high-speed USB device number 83 using xhci-tegra
> [  490.060860] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
> [  490.170805] xhci-tegra 70090000.usb: Setup ERROR: setup context command for slot 1.
> [  490.178462] usb 1-3: hub failed to enable device, error -22
(repeats over and over)

15a4:1336 Afatech Technologies, Inc. SDHC/MicroSD/MMC/MS/M2/CF/XD Flash 
Card Reader

The power light comes on, and the activity light just keeps flashing 
fast. Usually the activity light flashes a couple times and then turns 
off. There is nothing in dmesg at all for this device.

05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB

Not detected. There is nothing in dmesg at all for this device.

1bcf:0c31 Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc. SPIF30x Serial-ATA bridge

Not detected. There is nothing in dmesg at all for this device.