Subject: [PATCH 09/16] tty: serial: 8250_dma: Add a TX trigger workaround for AM33xx

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Andrzej Siewior)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:55:37 +0200

On 09/15/2014 07:01 PM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 09/11/2014 04:35 PM, Peter Hurley wrote:
>> I do need to find out if omap hardware sets UART_MSR_DCTS when auto CTS
>> is on. Would you mind running the debug patch below with HW flow control on?
> 
> I didn't forget about this. However I told minicom to use hardware flow
> control (and I see the driver set the HW bit) but I haven't seen that
> uart_handle_cts_change() has been invoked at all. I'm going to check
> two other boards and report then.

No, I don't get into this at all function. So I connected my am335x-evm
with beagle board xm because both of them have an old fashion UART
connector (instead those uart-to-usb). Both configured with HW-Flow and
I haven't seen the function invoked but I saw "port->icount.overrun"
being incremented. This shouldn't happen. So I am a little puzzled here?

>> Regards,
>> Peter Hurley

Sebastian