Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] arm_arch_timer: VDSO preparation, code consolidation

From: [email-masked] (Nathan Lynch)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:15:46 -0500

On 09/22/2014 10:39 AM, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 03:59:32PM +0100, Nathan Lynch wrote:
>> This series contains the necessary changes to allow architected timer
>> access from user-space on 32-bit ARM.  This allows the VDSO to support
>> high resolution timestamps for clock_gettime and gettimeofday.  This
>> also merges substantially similar code from arm and arm64 into the
>> core arm_arch_timer driver.
>>
>> The functional changes are:
>> - When available, CNTVCT is made readable by user space on arm, as it
>>   is on arm64.
>> - The clocksource name becomes "arch_mem_counter" if CP15 access to
>>   the counter is not available.
>>
>> These changes have been carried as part of the ARM VDSO patch set over
>> the last several months, but I am splitting them out here as I assume
>> they should go through the clocksource maintainers.
> 
> For the series:
> 
>   Acked-by: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
> 
> I'm not sure which tree the arch-timer stuff usually goes through, but
> the arm/arm64 bits look fine so I'm happy for them to merged together.

Thanks Will.

MAINTAINERS does not have a specific entry for
drivers/clocksource/arm_arch_timer.c, so I am working under the
assumption that the series would go through Daniel or Thomas.

Daniel and/or Thomas, can you take this series please?