Subject: [PATCH 2/2] remoteproc: add support to handle internal memories

From: [email-masked] (Suman Anna)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 11:42:45 -0500

Hi Ohad,

On 09/23/2014 09:16 AM, Ohad Ben-Cohen wrote:
> Hi Suman,
> 
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:39 PM, Suman Anna <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> These processors need to use their internal RAM for loading, which is
>> not for generic usage by the kernel, so defining a CMA block for this
>> memory doesn't make sense.
> 
> Ok - so just to make sure I understand, this is physical memory you
> want to use, which belongs to the remote processor, and which isn't
> mapped normally by the kernel?

Yes, this is not the regular DDR that is mapped into kernel normally,
but is a RAM internal to the remote processor subsystem. The MPU can
access it through a bus address/

> 
>> Will it suffice to replace the memcpy() with memcpy_toio()?
> 
> Yes, memcpy_toio should be fine (and then you don't need to cast the
> cookie returned by ioremap).

I have posted v2, and have not modified for this. The memcpy portion is
actually present in the remoteproc_elf_loader.c, and looks like I need
to export some flags from rproc_va_to_da if I were to differentiate
this. Is that ok with you?

regards
Suman