Subject: [PATCHv2 0/4] Add Altera peripheral memories to EDAC framework

From: [email-masked] (Thor Thayer)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:48:17 -0500

On 10/27/2014 04:59 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 04:35:00PM -0500, Thor Thayer wrote:
>> Should I move the EDAC Device probe and error handling from
>> altera_edac_mgr.c to altera_edac.c? Can I mix the MC and Device models
>> in the same file?
> Right, for basic practical reasons, I'd like to keep all functionality
> pertaining to one hw flavour in one compilation unit/one driver. We can
> always split them later if a compelling reason emerges.
>
> Thanks.
>
OK. I will make the changes.

Would the L2 cache and OCRAM specific functions also be in 
altera_edac.c? Each of these EDAC pieces is independent and can be 
compiled in without the others. I've read that the use of #ifdef's is 
discouraged and having separate files in the Makefile solves that.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thor