Subject: [PATCH v4 0/5] simplefb: add clock handling code

From: [email-masked] (Tomi Valkeinen)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:15:31 +0200

Hi Hans,

On 22/10/14 19:45, Hans de Goede wrote:

> -We will add a clocks property to the simplefb devicetree bindings, so
>  that u-boot setup framebuffers passed to the kernel (for early console
>  support) can properly list the clocks used, and simplefb can claim them to
>  avoid them getting turned off, thereby breaking the early console

Perhaps this has been discussed earlier, but I started to wonder if
managing clocks is enough.

What about regulators (to power the LCD), gpios (to keep the LCD
enabled) and pinctrl (for video signals)? I guess any those could be
reset by the kernel if no driver uses them.

 Tomi

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20141031/d8c71f16/attachment.sig>