Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Armada XP pinctrl consolidation and ix4-300d fixes

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Hesselbarth)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 23:48:33 +0100

On 01.11.2014 23:36, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:14:36PM +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
>> this is a patch set preparing barebox support for ix4-300d. As usual,
>> I stumbled upon a few nice-to-haves before actually touching ix4-300d
>> dts. As it is a mach-mvebu thing, I just added the related mailing
>> lists instead of each of the DT maintainers.
>>
>> First 5 patches consolidate SoC-specific pinctrl nodes to one common
>> node in armada-xp.dtsi, compatible overwrites for each SoC, and node
>> alias usage for each board. Also, ge{0,1} pinctrl settings are moved
>> to the common node from one board specific node.
>>
>> Last 3 patches then use that ge{0,1} pinctrl settings on ix4-300d which
>> is vital for bootloader init. During exploration of ix4-300d, I also
>> found a i2c eeprom that has not been added to the dts, yet. Finally,
>> there is only one 74hc595 on ix4 mainboard while dts property is set
>> for two.
>>
>> I cannot recall in detail what is on that eeprom, but IIRC it is nothing
>> important. Some reg,addr pairs for some init stuff that should have
>> already been done by stock u-boot. Anyway, adding the node will do no
>> harm.
>>
>> Patches are based on v3.17-rc1 and intended for v3.18 but I am not in
>> a hurry. I only compile tested this, so a formal Tested-by from Benoit
>> for the ix4 and any other Armada XP board would be great.
>
> I lost track of this thread, are you resending?  Did Benoit get a
> successful test run?

Looks like there was this A0 stepping thing, but basically yes

http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg53364.html

I have just rebased it on top of v3.18-rc1, feel free to pick them
up from

git://git.infradead.org/users/hesselba/linux-berlin.git devel/mvebu/ix4-300d
git://git.infradead.org/users/hesselba/linux-berlin.git
Sebastian