Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Armada XP pinctrl consolidation and ix4-300d fixes

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Hesselbarth)
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 20:19:37 +0100

On 02.11.2014 20:03, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 01, 2014 at 11:48:33PM +0100, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
>> On 01.11.2014 23:36, Jason Cooper wrote:
>>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:14:36PM +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
>>>> this is a patch set preparing barebox support for ix4-300d. As usual,
>>>> I stumbled upon a few nice-to-haves before actually touching ix4-300d
>>>> dts. As it is a mach-mvebu thing, I just added the related mailing
>>>> lists instead of each of the DT maintainers.
>>>>
>>>> First 5 patches consolidate SoC-specific pinctrl nodes to one common
>>>> node in armada-xp.dtsi, compatible overwrites for each SoC, and node
>>>> alias usage for each board. Also, ge{0,1} pinctrl settings are moved
>>>> to the common node from one board specific node.
>>>>
>>>> Last 3 patches then use that ge{0,1} pinctrl settings on ix4-300d which
>>>> is vital for bootloader init. During exploration of ix4-300d, I also
>>>> found a i2c eeprom that has not been added to the dts, yet. Finally,
>>>> there is only one 74hc595 on ix4 mainboard while dts property is set
>>>> for two.
>>>>
>>>> I cannot recall in detail what is on that eeprom, but IIRC it is nothing
>>>> important. Some reg,addr pairs for some init stuff that should have
>>>> already been done by stock u-boot. Anyway, adding the node will do no
>>>> harm.
>>>>
>>>> Patches are based on v3.17-rc1 and intended for v3.18 but I am not in
>>>> a hurry. I only compile tested this, so a formal Tested-by from Benoit
>>>> for the ix4 and any other Armada XP board would be great.
>>>
>>> I lost track of this thread, are you resending?  Did Benoit get a
>>> successful test run?
>>
>> Looks like there was this A0 stepping thing, but basically yes
>>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg53364.html
>>
>> I have just rebased it on top of v3.18-rc1, feel free to pick them
>> up from
>>
>> git://git.infradead.org/users/hesselba/linux-berlin.git devel/mvebu/ix4-300d
>> git://git.infradead.org/users/hesselba/linux-berlin.git
>
> Ahh, that's right.  Do you still use the github repo?  I hadn't added
> your infradead as a remote yet.

Usually, I use github for mvebu and infradead for berlin. But this time
I was too lazy to either boot-up the other laptop or clone the github
repo ;)

> At any rate, I cherry-picked them and added Benoit's Tested-by's.  So if
> you had this branch in -next, please remove it before tonight's run.

I _did not_ put it into any -next branch. It's mvebu and that is your
git tree, I only put berlin patches into -next ;)

> Applied to mvebu/dt.

Thanks for having an eye on this patches, I almost forgot about them.

Sebastian