Subject: [PATCH v3 12/19] arm/arm64: KVM: refactor/wrap vgic_set/get_attr()

From: [email-masked] (Andre Przywara)
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 10:27:43 +0000

Hi Christoffer,

On 04/11/14 19:30, Christoffer Dall wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 05:26:47PM +0000, Andre Przywara wrote:
>> vgic_set_attr() and vgic_get_attr() contain both code specific for
>> the emulated GIC as well as code for the userland facing, generic
>> part of the GIC.
>> Split the guest GIC facing code of from the generic part to allow
>> easier splitting later.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Andre Przywara <[email-masked]>
> 
> It's not really clear to me which data is specific to the emulated gic
> and which is not or why you have to do this (yet), for example, the
> _common function is now dealing with the GRP_ADDR case which is very
> GICv2 specific (so far).  But I assume this will make sense as I
> progress through the series.

Admittedly this is somewhat of a corner case. Actually I tried to keep
as much code common (in vgic.c) as possible, and it was possible without
much pain for GRP_ADDR and kvm_vgic_addr.
Also I consider this call part of the switching and connecting
functionality of the VGIC.
Looking at the code again I think I had it in -emul.c before, but
decided to move it back for some reason (probably some other code
dependency which needed to be exposed). So unless I find some time ;-)
and a good reason to move it I tend to keep it here.

Cheers,
Andre.