Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Touchscreen performance related fixes

From: [email-masked] (Vignesh R)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 17:38:35 +0530

On Tuesday 04 November 2014 06:07 PM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 11/04/2014 12:44 PM, Vignesh R wrote:
> 
>> I ran following commands
>> $ evtest /dev/input/touchscreen0 &
>> (with heavy item on touchscreen)
>>  and
>> $ cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device0/scan_elements/in_voltage4_en
>> (in a busy loop)
>> I tried above experiment on my board but I didn't hit any problem even
>> after running for close to 30 minutes. I was unable to reproduce failure
> 
> Just to make sure: You had the touchscreen and iio command running in
> parallel and you saw evtest output while there was iio operation?
> 

Yeah.. I see both evtest and IIO outputs. Touch events are received
consistently (decent samples per second) and atleast one IIO output per
second.
Here is a part from console log
---------------------------
928
Event: time 1413204484.240114, type 3 (Absolute), code 0 (X), value 1746
Event: time 1413204484.240114, type 3 (Absolute), code 1 (Y), value 1720
Event: time 1413204484.240114, type 3 (Absolute), code 24 (Pressure),
value 99
Event: time 1413204484.240114, -------------- Report Sync ------------
Event: time 1413204484.255318, type 1 (Key), code 330 (Touch), value 0
Event: time 1413204484.255318, type 3 (Absolute), code 24 (Pressure),
value 0
Event: time 1413204484.255318, -------------- Report Sync ------------
933
Event: time 1413204484.273599, type 3 (Absolute), code 1 (Y), value 1718
Event: time 1413204484.273599, type 3 (Absolute), code 24 (Pressure),
value 99
Event: time 1413204484.273599, type 1 (Key), code 330 (Touch), value 1
Event: time 1413204484.273599, -------------- Report Sync ------------
Event: time 1413204484.290195, type 3 (Absolute), code 24 (Pressure),
value 98
Event: time 1413204484.290195, -------------- Report Sync ------------
Event: time 1413204484.306783, type 3 (Absolute), code 1 (Y), value 1719
Event: time 1413204484.306783, -------------- Report Sync ------------
946
Event: time 1413204484.322164, type 1 (Key), code 330 (Touch), value 0
Event: time 1413204484.322164, type 3 (Absolute), code 24 (Pressure),
value 0
Event: time 1413204484.322164, -------------- Report Sync ------------
Event: time 1413204484.340435, type 3 (Absolute), code 1 (Y), value 1721
Event: time 1413204484.340435, type 3 (Absolute), code 24 (Pressure),
value 98
Event: time 1413204484.340435, type 1 (Key), code 330 (Touch), value 1
Event: time 1413204484.340435, -------------- Report Sync ------------
Event: time 1413204484.357025, type 3 (Absolute), code 0 (X), value 1745
Event: time 1413204484.357025, type 3 (Absolute), code 24 (Pressure),
value 97
Event: time 1413204484.357025, -------------- Report Sync ------------
Event: time 1413204484.373621, type 3 (Absolute), code 0 (X), value 1746
Event: time 1413204484.373621, type 3 (Absolute), code 1 (Y), value 1720
Event: time 1413204484.373621, -------------- Report Sync ------------
942

---------------------------
The numbers 928, 933 etc are from oneshot ADC read. The above output is
pretty consistent over time.

>> The problem may be in configuring correct charge-delay value. Please run:
>> $ ts_test > /dev/null
>> and let me know if pen events are being detected properly.
> 
> Well I get the touch events but not while busy loop on iio interface is
> running (I get maybe one event every 5 seconds or so).
> After all, it is the same HW you have.

Yeah.. I believe HW is same. I am using rev 1.5B with
omap2plus_defconfig (+ TSC/ADC enabled)

Regards
Vignesh
> 
> Sebastian
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-omap" in
> the body of a message to majordomo at vger.kernel.org
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>