Subject: [PATCH 02/12] drivers: mfd: Add support for Exynos PMU driver

From: [email-masked] (Sylwester Nawrocki)
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 14:47:36 +0100

On 04/11/14 04:18, Pankaj Dubey wrote:
> 2: Since PM domain relies on PMU registers and does not have 
> its own DT binding, MFD client and MFD device
> is most suitable for making this kind of platform drivers.

We have DT binding for the Exynos power domains:
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/exynos/power_domain.txt
In fact the IO memory regions used in the power domain bindings
fall within the (sparse) PMU registers region.

There is also DT binding for the PMU subsystem:
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/samsung/pmu.txt

I guess a platform device driver in drivers/power would be a better
fit than drivers/mfd. I doubt introducing an mfd driver now makes
much sense, we have already DT bindings for PHYs, the power domains,
etc.

--
Thanks,
Sylwester