Subject: [PATCH 4/4] arm: dts: omap3-gta04: Add static configuration for devconf1 register

From: [email-masked] (Tomi Valkeinen)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 13:31:43 +0200

On 12/11/14 17:02, Tony Lindgren wrote:

>> And, with a quick grep, I see CONTROL_DEVCONF1 touched in multiple
>> places in the kernel. I wonder if adding a pinmux entry for it could
>> cause some rather odd problems.
> 
> They can all use pinctrl-single no problem.

Can, but don't. That's my worry. If we touch the DEVCONF1 via pinmux,
and we have code in mach-omap2 that also touch DEVCONF1, without any
knowledge (and locking) between those...

So _maybe_ that's not an issue, as the pinmux config we have here is
fixed, and done once at boot time, and maybe the code in mach-omap2 that
touch DEVCONF1 is also ran just once and not at the same time as the
pinmux. But I don't know if that's so.

 Tomi

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20141113/a9b3d896/attachment.sig>