Subject: [PATCH V8 00/14] drm/exynos: few patches to enhance bridge chip support

From: [email-masked] (Javier Martinez Canillas)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:35:40 +0100

Hello Ajay,

On 11/18/2014 07:20 AM, Ajay kumar wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Ajay Kumar <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> This series is based on master branch of Linus tree at:
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git

I applied your series on top of 3.18-rc5 + linux-next's commit:

0ef76ae ("ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable options for display panel support").

I think you should had mentioned what other patches are needed as a
dependency since I spent quite a bit of time figuring out why the
ps8622 bridge driver probe was always deferred due of_drm_find_panel()
failing and then I noticed that a patch from linux-next was needed:

e35e305 ("drm/panel: simple: Add AUO B116XW03 panel support")

With that commit the ps8622 drm bridge driver probe succeed but I still
don't have display working on an Exynos5240 Peach Pit, the kernel log shows:

platform 145b0000.dp-controller: Driver exynos-dp requests probe deferral
exynos-drm exynos-drm: bound 14400000.fimd (ops fimd_component_ops)
exynos-drm exynos-drm: failed to bind 145b0000.dp-controller (ops exynos_dp_ops): -517
exynos-drm exynos-drm: master bind failed: -517
platform 145b0000.dp-controller: Driver exynos-dp requests probe deferral

Any idea what else I could be missing here?

Your patches don't apply cleanly in linux-next btw, although the are many
issues with the Exynos DRM currently in linux-next anyways so probably using
3.18-rc as a base makes more sense for now until all those things get fixed
but you should rebase so they can be picked.

Best regards,
Javier