Subject: [PATCH] ASoC: rockchip: i2s: Add dependency to I2S device driver

From: [email-masked] (Andreas Ruprecht)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 20:42:54 +0100

On 21.11.2014 19:58, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 07:35:13PM +0100, Andreas Ruprecht wrote:
>> Currently, CONFIG_SND_SOC_ROCKCHIP_I2S could also be selected 
>> without having CONFIG_SND_SOC_ROCKCHIP enabled.
>> 
>> As this makes no sense (and breaks the build, when the option 
>> CONFIG_SND_SOC_GENERIC_DMAENGINE_PCM - which would be selected
>> by CONFIG_SND_SOC_ROCKCHIP - is not enabled), a Kconfig
>> dependency is added to CONFIG_SND_SOC_ROCKCHIP_I2S. This will
>> make the item visible only if CONFIG_SND_SOC_ROCKCHIP is
>> enabled.
> 
> This doesn't seem like an obvious fix - why is the fix not to put
> the select on the I2S driver (which is the thing that actually
> depends on the dmaengine stuff)?
> 

I didn't look a lot further into it, I just saw the build error report
and from the other commits touching the Kconfig file it looked like
there could be more options in the future.

I will submit a v2 of the patch in a minute with the select for the
dmaengine support moved to the I2S option.

Regards,

Andreas