Subject: [PATCH RFC 04/15] drm/dsi: Do not add DSI devices for the child nodes with input-port property

From: [email-masked] (Liu Ying)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:52:45 +0800

Hi Thierry,

On 12/10/2014 08:21 PM, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 04:37:17PM +0800, Liu Ying wrote:
>> The MIPI DSI bus driver would try to add a DSI device for a host's every
>> child node which contains the reg property.  Unfortunately, the existing
>> i.MX6Q/SDL MIPI DSI host device tree node's child nodes contain the reg
>
> There aren't any existing nodes for the DSI host on i.MX. This patch
> series adds support for them.

There are existing nodes for the DSI host node. Please find them in 
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl.dtsi and arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q.dts. The DSI 
host node contains two child nodes for i.MX6DL and another two for 
i.MX6Q.  Each child node has a reg property embedded.

>
>> property, but the child nodes are ports pointing to dedicated CRTCs.
>> So, this patch phases out the child nodes with input-port property before
>> adding DSI devices for them and updates the MIPI DSI bus OF binding
>> documentation.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Liu Ying <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>>   Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mipi/dsi/mipi-dsi-bus.txt | 4 ++++
>>   drivers/gpu/drm/drm_mipi_dsi.c                              | 5 +++--
>>   2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>
> Sorry, but NAK. There's no need for this special-case. I'll go into more
> detail in response to patch 09/15.

Thanks for reviewing the patches.

Any idea how to handle the special case?  The existing child nodes for 
the DSI host node do have the reg properties embedded.

Regards,

Liu Ying

> Thierry