Subject: [PATCH v10 2/8] ARM: l2c: Refactor the driver to use commit-like interface

From: [email-masked] (Tomasz Figa)
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 18:13:39 +0900

On 30.12.2014 23:51, Nishanth Menon wrote:
>>> Looks like the following also need addressing:
>>> data->save is called twice (once more after l2cof_init)
>>> l2c310_init_fns also needs l2c310_configure
>>> will be nice to use l2x0_data only after we kmemdup data in __l2c_init
>>
>> I'll check this.
> Thanks.
>

Apparently the second save in __l2c_init() is not needed and it should 
have been removed. However it might be a good idea to actually do second 
save in l2c_enable() after l2c_configure() so that the values actually 
permitted by hardware and/or secure firmware are stored.

l2c310_init_fns needs to be updated indeed.

However I'm not sure about your concern about using l2x0_data before 
kmemdup(). I don't see any code potentially doing this.

Best regards,
Tomasz