Subject: [PATCH] clk: samsung: Fix Exynos 5420 pinctrl setup and clock disable failure due to domain being gated

From: [email-masked] (Javier Martinez Canillas)
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 10:49:06 +0100

Hello Paolo,

On 12/24/2014 05:36 PM, Paolo Pisati wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 09:35:31AM -0800, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> 
>> I confirm it fixes the boot hang in linux-next (next-20141210) on my
>> exynos5800-peach-pi and exynos5420-arndale-octa.  Tested both
>> exynos_defconfig and multi_v7_defconfig.
>> 
>> Tested-by: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>
> 
> does audio work on your peach pi? because kernel boots fine, but i can't get any
> audio out of it
> 

Audio is not working for me as well. I said before that audio was working
because I tested with the headphone audio jack but I forgot that I had
re-introduced the clk_ignore_unused parameter to my kernel command line
to test the mmc/sdio wifi. Without clk_ignore_unused, I have no audio.

I see that the downstream daisy_max98095 ASoC driver in the ChromeOS tree
grabs some clocks that the mainline sound/soc/samsung/snow.c driver so it
it seems that at least that is missing and may explain why it is working
with clk_ignore_unused.

Best regards,
Javier