Subject: [PATCH RESEND] ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable options for display panel support

From: [email-masked] (Javier Martinez Canillas)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 14:22:19 +0100

Hello Kukjin,

>> Hello Kukjin,
> Hi Javier,
> Happy new year :)

Thanks, happy new year for you as well!

>> You dropped this patch since exynos drm was causing boot hangs on some
>> platforms but the fix for that issue is already in linux-next (commit:
>> f1e9203 clk: samsung: Fix Exynos 5420 pinctrl setup and clock disable
>> failure due to domain being gated) so I think it makes sense to enable
>> the display options again.
>> 
>> NOTE: Display panel is still not working since patch "arm: dts: Exynos5:
>> Use pmu_system_controller phandle for dp phy" is needed [0] but I think
>> we should enable display options to catch the regressions easier.
>> 
> Agreed with your suggestion and I'll pick this up into Samsung tree soon.
> 

Perfect, I hope you can pick my peach pit/pi and snow DTS updates series
as well since those patches have been in the list for some time.

> Thanks,
> Kukjin

Best regards,
Javier