Subject: [GIT PULL 0/2] KVM/ARM Fixes for 3.19

From: [email-masked] (Paolo Bonzini)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:36:14 +0100

On 12/01/2015 18:19, Christoffer Dall wrote:
>> > Hmm, that's a bit ugly.  I'll apply the patches directly too, please do
>> > a "git reset --hard kvm/master" before applying more stuff.
>> > 
> ok, we did try to (and say publicly) that we'd keep kvmarm/master a
> stable branch (like it also says about kvm/master on the KVM wiki), so
> that's why I did this.
> 
> I guess we can just require people that follow kvmarm/master (if any) to
> deal with things accordingly.

Yeah, I agree that this shouldn't have happened.

It's not the end of the world.  People that pull from kvmarm/master will
almost always rebase their trees, and the rebase will discard the
duplicate patches.

The big problem with rebasing happens if you _drop_ patches.  In that
case, whoever rebases will keep the patch that you dropped, and most
likely will not notice.

Paolo