Subject: Regression with legacy IRQ numbers caused by 9a1091ef0017

From: [email-masked] (Marc Zyngier)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:23:05 +0000

On 16/01/15 16:56, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 15 January 2015 07:37:48 Tony Lindgren wrote:
>> * Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]> [150115 06:46]:
>>> On Thu, Jan 15 2015 at  2:27:56 pm GMT, Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> On Thursday 15 January 2015 13:42:57 Marc Zyngier wrote:
>>> Probably there is a workable strategy, but my knowledge about OMAP is
>>> close to *nothing*...
>>
>> I have a feeling this might bite other platforms too and we just have
>> not noticed it yet..
> 
> I'm looking through the entire tree now, scanning for machines that have
> GIC and use IORESOURCE_IRQ or DEFINE_RES_IRQ in their platform code.
> Most platforms using GIC are completely converted to DT and have no
> hardcoded legacy IRQs.
> 
> I have checked that cns3xxx and realview are both fine by inspection.
> 
> The only one I'm not sure about is shmobile, which looks like it might
> suffer from the same problem. Simon/Magnus, could you verify this
> with a multiplatform kernel on any SoC that has GIC and uses devices
> that have interrupts defined in setup-*.c or board-*.c?

There are 3 patches floating around for shmobile, converting their
non-DT support to directly initializing the GIC instead of relying on
irqchip_init(). That's assuming their DT implementation doesn't use any
of these device declarations.

If they do, we could use a hack similar to the one I implemented for
OMAP, populating the virtual IRQ in the resource at boot time, just
after the irqchip initialization.

Thanks,

	M.
-- 
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny...