Subject: [PATCH v7 1/4] Documentation: dt: add common bindings for hwspinlock

From: [email-masked] (Suman Anna)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:56:37 -0600

On 01/21/2015 06:41 AM, Ohad Ben-Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> How about default to Linux id space and allow overriding that with
>> a module param option if needed?
> 
> I'm not sure I'm following.
> 
> If the main point of contention is the base_id field, I'm also fine
> with removing it entirely, as I'm not aware of any actual user for it
> (Suman please confirm?).

Yeah, well the current implementations that I am aware of only have a
single bank, so all of them would be using a value of 0. I am yet to see
a platform with multiple instances where the property really makes a
difference. v7 has the property mandatory, so all the implementations
would need to define this value even if it is 0.

regards
Suman

> 
> Mark? Rob? Will you accept Suman's patches if the base_id field is removed?
> 
> Thanks,
> Ohad.
>