Subject: [PATCH v13 3/6] clk: Make clk API return per-user struct clk instances

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 14:35:59 -0800

On 02/02/15 13:31, Julia Lawall wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2015, Stephen Boyd wrote:
>
>> Julia,
>>
>> Is there a way we can write a coccinelle script to check for this? The
>> goal being to find all drivers that are comparing struct clk pointers or
>> attempting to dereference them. There are probably other frameworks that
>> could use the same type of check (regulator, gpiod, reset, pwm, etc.).
>> Probably anything that has a get/put API.
> Comparing or dereferencing pointers of a particular type should be 
> straightforward to check for.  Is there an example of how to use the 
> parent_index value to fix the problem?
>

I'm not sure how to fix this case with parent_index values generically.
I imagine it would be highly specific to the surrounding code to the
point where we couldn't fix it automatically. For example, if it's a clk
consumer (not provider like in this case) using an index wouldn't be the
right fix. We would need some sort of clk API that we don't currently
have and I would wonder why clock consumers even care to compare such
pointers in the first place.

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project