Subject: [PATCH] ARM: dts: mvebu: add ethernet to the cm-a510 board

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Hesselbarth)
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 11:00:30 +0100

On 06.02.2015 10:19, Gabriel Dobato wrote:
> On 05/02/15 23:13, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
>> great you can boot a recent kernel. I guess you had to quite heavily
>> modify current dove-cm-a510.dts? Can you upload the one you use now
>> to any pastebin and send the link?
>
> Not, I only had to include eth (as Mr. Moine told me) and mdio because I
> mount rootfs via NFS.

Ok, I think we can work out the most obvious stuff (mmc, pcie), too.

>> You didn't mention if you really use the sb-a510, i.e. the Compulab
>> reference baseboard. Is it what you are using with your cm-a510?
>
> Yes, sorry for that, I am using SB-A510.

Ok. Then for the first some versions, I'll stick with the manual.
That should be sufficient to create a working sb-a510 dts.

FWIW, is there any Compulab kernel or u-boot source available online?
It would help to figure out the GPIO pins and undocumented connections.

> I wonder if it will there be driver support for the second ethernet
> (PCIE attached NIC), and the rest of features remained, for DT...

AFAIR it was some realtek PCIe NIC.. we have PCIe working on Dove, so
I guess it shouldn't be a real problem.

> Before using DT, I tried to boot a simple uImage (without DT), but it
> did not boot
>
> the last ouput in the kernel trade was:
> ...
> /uncompressing linux... done, booting the kernel./
>
> nothing else.... I wonder if there is a problem with the ID machine, I
> don't know...

Hard to tell. Could be anything.

> The U-Boot used was the one provided by Compulab (Maybe the problem is
> on Uboot...)

If you know how to append the dtb to the zImage it should work on any
u-boot. If it doesn't support bootz, you'll have to make a uImage of
the dtb-appended zImage or simply try to "go" to the zImage address.

Sebastian