Subject: [PATCH v10 4/6] ARM: add vdso user-space code

From: [email-masked] (Christopher Covington)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:56:36 -0500

Hi Catalin,

On 02/24/2015 05:17 AM, Catalin Marinas wrote:

[snip]

> Writing CNTFRQ from non-secure mode would trap as well.

Are you saying it could A) cause an exception targeting the current EL/mode
but not others, or B) cause an exception targeting the current or another EL/mode?

[snip]

> The detection mechanism would have to involve trapping of an undefined
> instruction but it doesn't need to be done early during boot.

I put detection during early boot because I wanted to potentially change
ELs/modes during early boot.

Thanks,
Chris

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project