Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Fix struct clk pointer comparing

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:42:45 -0800

On 02/25/15 09:55, Mike Turquette wrote:
> Quoting Russell King - ARM Linux (2015-02-25 07:03:49)
>> Case 1 applies in places like the Kirkwood I2S driver, and the iMX6
>> ethernet code, and it's these cases which need to be fixed.
>>
>> Case 2 applies in the Armada DRM driver, and these cases need not be
>> "fixed".
>>
>> To put it a different way: case 1 is when you're testing to see whether
>> two clocks refer to the same clock.  case 2 is when you're testing
>> whether the cached clk cookie is the same.
> It looks like patches 2, 7 and 8 are correct in this series. I'll apply
> them towards -rc2 if nobody objects.
>
>

For patch 8 can't we use the alternative patch that I came up with
before? I have a patch for sound/soc/fsl/fsl_esai.c and
drivers/pwm/pwm-atmel-hlcdc.c which I can send shortly.

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project