Subject: [PATCH 1/8] i2c: mux-pinctrl: Rework to honor disabled child nodes

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 14:46:29 -0700

On 02/17/2015 11:52 AM, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
> I2C mux pinctrl driver currently determines the number of sub-busses by
> counting available pinctrl-names. Unfortunately, this requires each
> incarnation of the devicetree node with different available sub-busses
> to be rewritten.
>
> This patch reworks i2c-mux-pinctrl driver to count the number of
> available sub-nodes instead. The rework should be compatible to the old
> way of probing for sub-busses and additionally allows to disable unused
> sub-busses with standard DT property status = "disabled".
>
> This also amends the corresponding devicetree binding documentation to
> reflect the new functionality to disable unused sub-nodes. While at it,
> also fix two references to binding documentation files that miss an "i2c-"
> prefix.

Tested-by: Stephen Warren <[email-masked]>

(Both the HDMI and LCD panel DDC busses on NVIDIA Tegra 
Springbank/Seaboard, running next-20150224)