Subject: [PATCH 00/10] initial clkdev cleanups

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 13:50:44 -0800

On 03/02/15 09:05, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> Here's some initial clkdev cleanups.  These are targetted for the next
> merge window, and while the initial patches can be merged independently,
> I'd prefer to keep the series together as further work on solving the
> problems which unique struct clk's has introduced is needed.
>
> The initial cleanups are more about using the correct clkdev function
> than anything else: there's no point interating over a array of
> clk_lookup structs, adding each one in turn when we have had a function
> which does this since forever.

The clkdev_add_table() conversions look good.

>
> I'm also killing a chunk of seemingly unused code in the omap3isp driver.
>
> Lastly, I'm introducing a clkdev_create() helper, which combines the
> clkdev_alloc() + clkdev_add() pattern which keeps cropping up.
>

We already have a solution to that problem with clk_register_clkdev().
Andy has done some work to make clk_register_clkdev() return a struct
clk_lookup pointer[1]. Maybe we can do that instead of introducing a new
clkdev_create() function. There is some benefit to having a new function
though so that we can avoid a flag day, although it looks like the flag
day is small in this case so it might not actually matter.

[1] https://www.marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=142469226512289

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project