Subject: [patch 3/7] dt: dtb version: arm dts Makefile

From: [email-masked] (Frank Rowand)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 20:34:40 -0700

From: Frank Rowand <[email-masked]>

Remove generated files from the dependencies of .dtb files, where the
generated files are created as a result of making a .dtb.

Signed-off-by: Frank Rowand <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                   |   10 +++

Index: b/arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile
===================================================================
--- a/arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile
+++ b/arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile
@@ -650,5 +650,15 @@ dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_MEDIATEK) += \
 	mt8135-evbp1.dtb
 endif
 
+# These files are generated by a kernel make if .version has changed.
+# Do not allow them to act as a dependency for rebuilding a .dtb that
+# has included dt-bindings/version.dtsi.
+PHONY += include/generated/compile.h include/generated/utsrelease.h
+
+# This file is generated by a .dtb make if .version_dtb has changed.
+# Do not allow it to act as a dependency for rebuilding a .dtb that
+# has included dt-bindings/version.dtsi.
+PHONY += include/generated/compile_dtb.h
+
 always		:= $(dtb-y)
 clean-files	:= *.dtb