Subject: [PATCH v10 00/21] Introduce ACPI for ARM64 based on ACPI 5.1

From: [email-masked] (Hanjun Guo)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 11:17:34 +0800

+CC Parth Dixit, Stefano Stabellini.

On 2015?03?21? 02:54, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 04:09:33AM +0000, Hanjun Guo wrote:
>> On 2015/3/19 3:05, Will Deacon wrote:
>>> If you can get that in place, I'm not opposed to putting this into
>>> linux-next ahead of the firmware summit in San Jose next week. Note that
>>> this is not a commitment for 4.1, since I'm keen to see the outcomes of
>>> next week before setting anything in stone.
>>
>> OK, I will stick to this mailing list and respond as soon as I can.
>
> This doesn't even build for me:
>
>
> $ make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-none-linux-gnu- allmodconfig
> $ make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-none-linux-gnu- Image
>
> [...]
>
> In file included from drivers/xen/acpi.c:33:0:

Sorry, I didn't build ACPI with XEN enabled on ARM64.

> include/xen/acpi.h: In function ?xen_acpi_sleep_register?:
> include/xen/acpi.h:102:3: error: ?acpi_suspend_lowlevel? undeclared (first use in this function)
>     acpi_suspend_lowlevel = xen_acpi_suspend_lowlevel;

acpi_suspend_lowlevel is defined only for X86 and IA64 for now.

>     ^
> include/xen/acpi.h:102:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
> drivers/xen/acpi.c: In function ?xen_acpi_notify_hypervisor_state?:
> drivers/xen/acpi.c:61:2: error: implicit declaration of function ?HYPERVISOR_dom0_op? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>    HYPERVISOR_dom0_op(&op);

And this is only for x86:
./arch/x86/include/asm/xen/hypercall.h:HYPERVISOR_dom0_op(struct 
xen_platform_op *platform_op)

>    ^
> cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> make[2]: *** [drivers/xen/acpi.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make[1]: *** [drivers/xen] Error 2
> make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make: *** [drivers] Error 2
>
>
> Am I missing some other patches?

No, you miss nothing. Parth Dixit is still working on XEN ACPI for
ARM64, before it's in full function, how about introduce a Kconfig
CONFIG_XEN_ACPI and let it depends on x86? when XEN ACPI for ARM64
comes, we can enable ARM64 for CONFIG_XEN_ACPI and fix the problems
above.

Stefano, Parth, what do you think?

Thanks
Hanjun