Subject: [PATCH 5/7] ARM: dts: enable regulator support for i.MX23/i.MX28

From: [email-masked] (Stefan Wahren)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 07:45:39 +0100

Hi Mark,

Am 23.03.2015 um 19:37 schrieb Mark Brown:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 06:54:34PM +0100, Stefan Wahren wrote:
>>> Sascha Hauer <[email-masked]> hat am 23. M?rz 2015 um 07:07
>>> It is very unusual to describe the regulators of a device on a register
>>> level like this and to iomemap each register individually. I think you
>>> should drop the registers here and put this knowledge into the driver
>>> like (nearly?) all others do.
>> do mean dropping the base address of the regulator, too?
>> How would you implement it (bare register address or regmap or syscon), since
>> there
>> are overlapping register regions for different driver?
>> @Mark: What's your opinion?
> This might be the sort of thing normally handled by a system controller,
> I have to say I had assumed this had all been discussed in the previous
> iterations of this seriee.

sorry, but i missed this important fact.

If you speak of system controller, do you mean the usage of
drivers/mfd/syscon.c ?

Stefan