Subject: [GIT PULL] : ARM cpuidle changes for 4.1

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Lezcano)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:05:23 +0100

Hi Rafael,

this PR request has the following content:

  - Removed the duplicate header inclusion (Daniel Lezcano).

  - Unified the generic cpuidle ARM driver with ARM64. Each platform can 
now define their 'enable-method' in the DT thus allowing to split the 
low level PM code from the generic cpuidle framework (Daniel Lezcano).

  - Allowed the generic ARM cpuidle driver to register per device and 
prevent to register the cpuidle device when the underlying hardware is 
misconfigured or an error occurs, thus allowing to fail gracefully 
(Daniel Lezcano).

Thanks !

   -- Daniel

The following changes since commit bc465aa9d045feb0e13b4a8f32cc33c1943f62d6:

   Linux 4.0-rc5 (2015-03-22 16:50:21 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

   http://git.linaro.org/people/daniel.lezcano/linux.git cpuidle/4.1

for you to fetch changes up to 9a309d6fd213911321acbfe839e0bdb3a7a9f4bf:

   ARM: cpuidle: Document the code (2015-03-25 09:53:43 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel Lezcano (8):
       ARM: cpuidle: Remove duplicate header inclusion
       ARM: cpuidle: Add a cpuidle ops structure to be used for DT
       ARM64: cpuidle: Replace cpu_suspend by the common ARM/ARM64 function
       ARM64: cpuidle: Rename cpu_init_idle to a common function name
       ARM64: cpuidle: Remove arm64 reference
       ARM: cpuidle: Enable the ARM64 driver for both ARM32/ARM64
       ARM: cpuidle: Register per cpuidle device
       ARM: cpuidle: Document the code

  arch/arm/include/asm/cpuidle.h                     |  23 
+++++++++++++++++++++++
  arch/arm/kernel/cpuidle.c                          | 133 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
  arch/arm/mach-davinci/cpuidle.c                    |   1 -
  arch/arm/mach-imx/cpuidle-imx6q.c                  |   1 -
  arch/arm/mach-imx/cpuidle-imx6sl.c                 |   1 -
  arch/arm/mach-imx/cpuidle-imx6sx.c                 |   1 -
  arch/arm/mach-omap2/cpuidle44xx.c                  |   1 -
  arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/cpuidle.c                    |   2 +-
  arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle-tegra20.c              |   1 -
  arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle-tegra30.c              |   1 -
  arch/arm64/configs/defconfig                       |   2 +-
  arch/arm64/include/asm/cpuidle.h                   |   9 ++++++---
  arch/arm64/kernel/cpuidle.c                        |   2 +-
  drivers/cpuidle/Kconfig                            |   7 +------
  drivers/cpuidle/Kconfig.arm                        |  28 
+++++++++++++++++++---------
  drivers/cpuidle/Kconfig.arm64                      |  13 -------------
  drivers/cpuidle/Makefile                           |   5 +----
  drivers/cpuidle/{cpuidle-arm64.c => cpuidle-arm.c} |  83 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
  drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-at91.c                     |   1 -
  drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-exynos.c                   |   1 -
  drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-kirkwood.c                 |   1 -
  drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-ux500.c                    |   1 -
  drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-zynq.c                     |   1 -
  include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h                  |   2 ++
  24 files changed, 249 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)
  delete mode 100644 drivers/cpuidle/Kconfig.arm64
  rename drivers/cpuidle/{cpuidle-arm64.c => cpuidle-arm.c} (56%)

-- 
  <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog