Subject: [PATCH v7 2/7] mailbox: arm_mhu: add driver for ARM MHU controller

From: [email-masked] (Sudeep Holla)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:58:05 +0000

On 26/03/15 11:49, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:43:21AM +0000, Sudeep Holla wrote:
>> I tried using this driver and found that AMBA driver expects apb_clk
>> without which probe fails. Though your example have it, it's not
>> explicit from the binding. Also AMBA binding expects the primecell id in
>> the binding.
>
> That's optional:
>
> Optional properties:
>
> - arm,primecell-periphid : Value to override the h/w value with
>
> It's only required when the hardware doesn't provide the correct value.
>

Ah sorry my bad, I meant the compatible(somehow left this word at the
end of earlier email - it should have been" .. AMBA binding expects the
primecell id in the binding compatible")

- compatible : should be a specific name for the peripheral and
	"arm,primecell". The specific name will match the ARM
	engineering name for the logic block in the form: "arm,pl???"

So I wanted to make sure either we follow that here(unlikely as ARM is
not publishing this as standard primecell yet) or specify that it's
exception here.

Regards,
Sudeep