Subject: LDP: next-20150402: twl4030 regression?

From: [email-masked] (Nishanth Menon)
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 08:53:36 -0500

On 04/06/2015 08:45 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 08:21:49AM -0500, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> 
>> https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20150401/omap2plus_defconfig/ldp.txt
>> looks clean, but
> 
>> https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20150402/omap2plus_defconfig/ldp.txt#L488
>> seems to have picked up a regression in the regulator driver.
> 
> Please provide actual bug reports if you're trying to report something -

Apologies, I should have been a little more clear.

> at least a description of the problem you're seeing and some attempt at

Test was a simple boot test. There seems to be a lockdep reported at the
very least in the log provided (see
https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20150402/omap2plus_defconfig/ldp.txt#L488
).

> analysis.  For example say what the test was, and if there's logs paste
> the relevant section into the e-mail.  Just randomly pasting a couple of
> web links in and saying "there's a problem" isn't helpful.

Not sure if folks have already seen this or not - clicking the link
should show the lockdep report straight out of the box.. I am thinking
that is a problem... but I might be subjective here :)

> 
> Please also CC people responsible for relevant drivers and systems.
> 

Only quick change I could see was in regulator core, Will try to dig
more at this later today. I dont see the filesystem mounted either, but
that could be something else.

--
Regards,
Nishanth Menon