Subject: [PATCHv7 6/8] watchdog: imx2_wdt: Convert to use new core extensions

From: [email-masked] (Marc Kleine-Budde)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 10:11:09 +0200

On 04/22/2015 01:11 PM, Timo Kokkonen wrote:
> Fill in the HW capabilities in watchdog_device structure and call
> watchdgog_init_params() to let watchdog core to init itself
> properly. The watchdog core can then ping stopped watchdog and the
> timer code in the driver can be removed.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Timo Kokkonen <[email-masked]>

This patch changes the default behaviour of the imx watchdog. Without
the patch: If the system boot with watchdog enabled (by the bootloader),
the driver sets up a threads to pet the watchdog. With the patch,
imx2_wdt_ping() is called once during probe but the thread is not
started. There are no timeout or early_timeout paremters in the DT or in
the kernel command line.

I don't like the old behaviour, but I think there are some setups that
rely on this feature.

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20150505/168ea742/attachment.sig>