Subject: [PATCH V4 1/3] OPP: Redefine bindings to overcome shortcomings

From: [email-masked] (Nishanth Menon)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 20:07:02 -0500

On 05/08/2015 01:47 AM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> On 8 May 2015 at 03:48, Mark Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> That makes sense to me.  Perhaps "current drawn by the device" rather
>> than "current load of the device" since current is sadly overloaded :/
> 
> Thanks Mark. I have reworded it as:
> 
> - opp-microamp: Current drawn by the device in micro Amperes. It is used to set
>   the most efficient regulator operating mode.

just one minor concern being in the SoC end of the world :). In most
times, the current consumption for a specific OPP varies depending on
the specific location in the process node the die is -> this is even
true among a single lot of wafers as well. some SoC vendors use hot,
nominal and cold terminology to indicate the characteristics of the
specific sample.

it might help state which sample end of the spectrum we are talking
about here. reason being: if I put in values based on my board
measurement, the results may not be similar to what someone else's
sample be. Depending on technology, speed binning strategy used by the
vendor, temperature and few other characteristics, these numbers could
be widely divergent.

> 
>   Should only be set if opp-microvolt is set for the OPP.
> 
>   Entries for multiple regulators must be present in the same order as
>   regulators are specified in device's DT node. If this property isn't required
>   for few regulators, then this should be marked as zero for them. If it isn't
>   required for any regulator, then this property need not be present.
> 
> 
> Please let me know if this looks fine now.
> 

-- 
Regards,
Nishanth Menon