Subject: [PATCH v8 14/16] ARM: dts: Introduce STM32F429 MCU

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Thompson)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 15:14:53 +0100

On 22/05/15 14:57, Maxime Coquelin wrote:
> 2015-05-22 15:09 GMT+02:00 Andreas F?rber <[email-masked]>:
>> As you should know, I did have an RCC clk driver, and there is no such
>> issue. The two drivers use different mechanisms for initialization. And
>> I'm pretty sure that I've already remarked that on the list, too.
>
> Yes, you use of_iomap in your clock driver [0].
> Daniel, would you accept to do the same?
> That would remove one difference between stm32/sunxi/socfpga reset drivers.

In fact, that is exactly what I am currently doing, though I was 
planning for it to be temporary.

It seems a bit weird to me that one driver (which requests too much 
register space) only works because another driver chooses not to request 
any.

BTW in drivers/clk there are ~110 of_iomaps and only 10 
of_io_request_and_maps... so I don't think anyone will yell at me for 
using of_iomap().

Daniel.